Spirituality During a Disaster? Really?

By |2018-02-09T19:26:44-06:00November 5th, 2012|Community, God, Prayer, Religion, Transformation|

Spiritual health can often be a casualty of war in times of unprecedented upheaval and change. There are a number of shifts that occur in times of disaster in regards to an individual's faith, beliefs and spiritual practices. I think sometimes this can get neglected or overlooked, especially by mainstream media coverage, and yet it [...]

Comments Off on Spirituality During a Disaster? Really?

Hope Tastes Like Fresh Raspberries

By |2018-02-09T19:26:44-06:00June 28th, 2012|Beginnings, Community, Consciousness, Integral, Interconnected, Self Reflection|

About every six weeks I like to stop at a McDonald’s for an Egg McMuffin. There I said it, I confess. It’s one of the VERY FEW fast food things I enjoy. I have to take half the English Muffin off, otherwise it’s just too much bread, but in the nutrition scheme of things, it’s [...]

Comments Off on Hope Tastes Like Fresh Raspberries

The Chosen Part of Catholic Things

By |2014-11-30T15:43:44-06:00March 7th, 2012|Christianity, Community, Consciousness, God, Interconnected, Religion|

I recently sat in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City, a mecca for Catholics. Ironically, I think it’s a mecca for anyone deeply rooted in a religious tradition. I am surrounded by the trappings of my past, of all that is Catholic: stained glass windows my great grandfather worked on, statues and carvings of [...]

Confessions of a Drama Addict

By |2018-02-09T19:26:44-06:00March 6th, 2012|Community, Interconnected, Self Reflection|

I am a drama queen. There I said it. I don’t like it, but I said it. My therapist told me that once – what does he know. Although, it’s probably a safe bet that he didn’t say it with quite the same intonation or the way that I am saying it now, and I’m [...]

Title

Go to Top